Moving on Mental Health
About Moving on Mental Health
Moving on Mental Health (MOMH) is aÂ plan developed by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services (MCYS)Â that outlines areas of system transformation over the next three years within child and youth mental health. Specifically, the Moving on Mental Health action plan will transform the experience of families seeking help by:
- Creating and supporting pathways to care – Clear and streamlined pathways to care between primary care, schools and community-based supports and services will help children and youth moving through and across the service system.
- Defining Core Services – There are core mental health services that will be available in communities across Ontario, with other specialized services available regionally or provincially.Â Defining those services will make our system more transparent.
Supporting these core elements are changes that will help us build a stronger, more coherent and accountable system of care:
- Establishing community lead agencies – Lead agencies across Ontario will be responsible for providing core services and collaborating effectively with other services that play a role in young peoples’ lives.
- Creating a new funding model – The new funding model will recognize the individual community population and need, so agencies can respond effectively to local demands.
- Building a legislative and regulatory framework – A framework will enshrine the accountability of lead community-based mental health agencies so that all are held to the same standard of care.
The goal is to deliver a coordinated, responsive system that makes sense to parents and young people that is easy to navigate, enables fast answers and provides clear pathways to care.
Lead Agency Role
MCYS has divided the province into 33 administrative service areas. Following an application process, Lead Agencies have been announced inÂ each of those service areas. Kinark was pleased to have been identified as the Lead Agency in York, Durham and the Haliburton/City of Kawartha Lakes/Peterborough Areas.
Lead Agencies will help ensure core, community-based child and youth mental health services are available in their service area by collaborating with other child and youth mental health service providers and community partners, such as schools and hospitals.
Provincial Priorities Report 2018